Using the left overs of our lamb shoulder we made a delicious quick dinner.
- 3/4 box whole wheat penne
- 2 cups shredded, cooked lamb shoulder
- 3 cups lamb stock (from braise)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- fresh parsley
- Meanwhile in large sautée pan on medium heat sweat onions in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once translucent, add garlic and cherry tomatoes. Cook down tomatoes, then add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms become golden and cooked down.
- Add lamb stock and lamb pieces.
-Add drained pasta and some pasta water if necessary to help coat pasta better. Toss to coat pasta.
-Add parsley and drizzle of olive oil, season well with salt and pepper.
-Enjoy topped with your favorite hard cheese. Try with parmesan or romano!!